We are now accepting reservations for summer, 2019. Contact us now to reserve the cabin and time of your choice!
SunderLand Cottages began in 1950 when our parents, Bill and Ethyl Sunderland, purchased the property where we spent summers when we were children. We have continued this family business since then, and we now are grateful to share it with our guests and with our children and grandchildren.
- All cottages are lakeside on mountainous terrain. SunderLand is secluded in a quiet cove with gently sloping sand beach safe for young children.
- Perfect for family and friends’ reunions; lovely venue for small weddings or retreats.
- Boats are included with your cottage rental. One kayak is available for each cottage; canoes and rowboats are available on a daily first come first served basis.
- We allow small electric (3 hp) motors. No other power craft are allowed at SunderLand or docked elsewhere on the lake by SunderLand guests.
- We do not allow smoking on the premises.
- Supermarkets are in Schroon Lake and Ticonderoga. The post office is one mile. Most cellular phones are functional on the premises.
- A $5o discount on your one week (or more) stay at SunderLand is awarded to you if your referral to another party results in a first time rental of at least one week. We offer a $50 per cabin discount for a first-time rental of 3 or more cabins for the same week.
- We charge a cleaning deposit of $200, which will be fully returned to you if your cabin is left as clean as you found it. We provide a cleaning list.
- There are outdoor grills provided. No other grills are permitted.
- Sorry- no pets allowed.
- Nightly campfires on the beach.
- Well-marked hiking trails nearby.
- Many area lakes, ponds, and streams for additional fishing, boating, and swimming.
- Golf, tennis, and basketball in Schroon Lake.
Some Day Trips
- Fort Ticonderoga
- Ausable Chasm
- Olympic Village in Lake Placid
- Shelburne (VT) Museum
- Saratoga Performing Arts Center
- Adirondack Museum at Blue Mt. Lake
- Lake George
- Attractions in and around Burlington, Stowe, and Middlebury VT
- Countless hiking trails, including Mt. Marcy and the High Peaks region of the Adirondacks
- Stone Bridge and Caves in Pottersville
- Tubing and rafting on the headwaters of the Hudson River