SunderLand Cottages began in 1950 when our parents, Bill and Ethyl Sunderland, purchased the property where we spent summers when we were children. We have continued this family business since then, and we now are grateful to share it with our guests and with our children and grandchildren.
- All cottages are lakeside on mountainous terrain. SunderLand is secluded in a quiet cove with gently sloping sand beach safe for young children.
- Perfect for family and friends’ reunions; lovely venue for small weddings or retreats.
- Boats are provided without charge. One kayak is available for each cottage; canoes and rowboats are available on a daily first come first served basis.
- Rowboats, kayaks, and canoes are available on the premises.
- We allow small electric (3 hp) motors. No other power craft are allowed at SunderLand or docked elsewhere on the lake by SunderLand guests.
- Supermarkets are in Schroon Lake and Ticonderoga. The post office is one mile. Most cellular phones are functional on the premises.
- A $5o discount on your one week (or more) stay at SunderLand is awarded to you if your referral to another party results in a first time rental of at least one week. We offer a $50 per cabin discount for a first-time rental of 3 or more cabins for the same week, for any rental before mid July or after Labor Day. If more than one discount applies, we will choose the one discount which is most beneficial to you.
- There are outdoor grills provided. No other grills are permitted.
- Nightly campfires on the beach.
- Well-marked hiking trails nearby.
- Many area lakes, ponds, and streams for additional fishing, boating, and swimming.
- Golf, tennis, and basketball in Schroon Lake.
Some Day Trips
- Fort Ticonderoga
- Pottersville Stone Bridge and Caves
- Ausable Chasm
- Olympic Village in Lake Placid
- Shelburne (VT) Museum
- Saratoga Performing Arts Center
- Adirondack Museum at Blue Mt. Lake
- Attractions in and around Burlington, Stowe, and Middlebury VT
Pets will be allowed under the following conditions:
Pets will be allowed in Edgewood or Porcupine only. Pets are not allowed during the last 2 weeks of July and the first 3 weeks in August. We withhold the right to restrict pets during especially busy weeks. A $200.00 damage deposit will be required, and will be returned by mail within 2 weeks after your stay at SunderLand providing that there is no damage and all provisions of the pet policy have been honored. Pets must be caged when left alone in the cottage and leashed when outdoors. Prompt and complete pet waste disposal is mandatory. Pets will be allowed in the immediate vicinity of Edgewood or Porcupine only and will not be allowed in communal areas. As a courtesy to all of our guests, pet noises that can be heard beyond the vicinity of Edgewood will not be allowed.